How do we help students overcome tiredness? Days are long and the capacity for productive work is limited. How do we keep people productive without burning them out? This is the challenge that we’ve set out to find a solution to.
Our app helps people track their energy level at all times and remind them to take a break before they’re exhausted. We also suggest a list of break options based on location.
Tiredness is a challenge for people of all ages and walks of life. We specifically focus on students and school staff because they are the group that we can relate to the most and have immediate access.
The smart watch application lets you view your estimated energy level anytime and anywhere.
- Says hello and shows a smiley face
- Estimates your energy level and displays it on the watch
- Gives you a gentle reminder when your energy level is low
- Provides you with many break recommendations base on your location
- Track your time when you decide to take a break
- Estimates how much energy you get back
The mobile application helps you discover your energy level pattern over time
- Information visualization for energy level, and the breaks you took
- Display your personal energy change over each day / week / month
- List view of the breaks you took over time
- Helps you find a pattern of how you take breaks
Ssketches of a student's daily life helps us developing a product that fits a student's lifestyle better.
" 'Microbreaks' are between 30 seconds to 5 minutes: Just one improves mental acuity by an average of 13% " -- WatchFit
" I would splash water on face, or just go outside to walk round. This would make me more energetic. " -- A student we interviewed
SUNNY is a smart watch app that helps students overcome tiredness by tracking their energy level and reminds them to take Microbreaks
Sept 2015 - Dec 2015